[Healeys] King pins

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sat Dec 19 13:27:28 MST 2009

I posted a question about this a while back and didn't get any
There was some excess metal left on the bottom of my new kingpins
where they had been machined...specifically where the hole for the
cotter pin meets the opening for the threaded fulcrum. I carefully
cleaned this out, but I'd like to know how tight the fit of the
threaded fulcrum should be. Is this an intereference fit like a
bearing? Or is a bit of burr in there making it tighter than it
should be. To put it more simply, what's the procedure of fitting the
fulcrums usually like? The cotter pin seems tight too, before I get
any thread coming out of the other end to get ahold of.
Hope this is clear,
Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8