[Healeys] Dual Brake System

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:02:12 MST 2009

Listmates,  Just remember, a small master cylinder bore will result in less
pedal pressure. And yes, it sounds counter intuitive but it is correct. Get
over it. The ONLY reason to use a larger bore master cylinder is if you need
to move a greater volume of fluid. For example, if your master cylinder piston
bottoms out. My suggestion is to all who read this -- start with a 5/8" master
cylinder and only go up in size if you need to move more fuid to makes things
work properly. Remember, bigger bore size means more pedal pressure!   Richard
Mayor