[Healeys] BJ7 REAR SEAT MOUNTING.

J E JR AUSTIN ahbugeye1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 18 09:28:25 MST 2009

I need help again.
I am trying to mount the rear seat on my BJ7 and am missing some of the
original mounting holes (they were lost during reconstruction surgery).B  I
have been unable to find a picture of this area that I am comfortable enough
withB  to start drilling.B
My questions:
There are two holes that mount the seat brackets to the (inner wheel arch)
fender wells. The top hole is in place, but I am missing the bottom hole. I
need the measurement, from inside of the fender well, of the distance from the
rear mounting bump box bolt, to the center of the bottom mounting nut, for the
seat bracket. Ibm trying to make sure I get the seat set at the right angle.
The next item is the location of the hinges on the seat back and the mounting
holes in the body. Looking at the old back seat cover and the B<b plywood,
it looks like they mount inward about three inches from both sides. Could
someone verify this for me?B B  B Also, there is a 1b by B>b border around
the sides and top of the back plywood, but not at the bottom, as far as I can
determine (the bottom part of the seat back is missing).B  If the seat hinge
mounts to this B< inch plywood, it doesnbt seem that it would be very
sturdy, is this correct?B  In addition, does the hinge mount directly to the
chassis/ seat floor?B  The Service Parts List does show anything under the
hinge.
TIAB  Sam Austin