[Healeys] healey ID tag on ebay

Jim Ryan ryan at jimryan.com
Thu Dec 17 08:53:13 MST 2009

I had my 1964 BJ7 (BJ7L25155) stolen in Boston a week after I bought it in
1974 from  the original owner.  Got it back 3 months later in perfect
condition and full of camping equipment that wasn't there when I parked it.
The only thing missing on the car was the ID plate.  They even put the trunk
lock in my tool box .  I sometimes wonder if they changed the oil for me...

Anyway, 6 months later I get a call from the FBI.  They said they had broken
up a stolen car ring in VT and my tag was on one.  I went over my story with
them and they asked if I would testify.  I said if they paid the travel I
would.  About a week before the trial date they called and said it had been
pled out so I didn't go.  All I have on my car is a piece of scrap metal
with the number stamped on it that I made back then, and whenever I got it
inspected they would look at it and the registration and say "OK".

I still have the car.  In severe need of restoration (again) and sitting
outside under a tarp, but I just can't bear to let it go.  My fantasy is
that one of my boys (22 & 25) will get settled down enough to inherit the
project.

-Jim
)?),

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."