[Healeys] garage lift

Donald Paye dpaye at crocker.com
Wed Dec 16 19:42:09 MST 2009

Bob,

I installed a "MaxJax" manufactured by Dannmar in my garage this summer. I
looked into all the various kinds and am very pleased with this 2 post unit.
First of all the lift takes up very little room in comparison to a four post
unit. The whole system is portable once the five bolts holding each column are
removed. The columns are each equipped with casters so as to allow storage
against the wall of your garage when not needed. The maximum lift is 48" which
pretty much is maximum for most garages before you start crushing the
windshield against the rafters/floor joists overhead. (Not sure if this is
enough to allow a Healey to be driven underneath) I like the fact that with
this type of lift you can remove the wheels and also you have full access to
the underneath of the car without ramps in the way. Installation was very
basic. You have to borrow or rent a hammer drill to install 10 sizable
expansion anchors in the floor. When bolts are removed and column moved,
anchors are flush with floor surface. Check out www.maxjaxlifts.com for more
details.

Good luck..   Don Paye