[Healeys] Information needed on BN7 MkII

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 10:23:43 MST 2009

If you're going for gold I would suggest buying the Concours Guidlines from:

Mike Osipik
39 E. 556h Street
Kansas, City MO 64113-1265
(816) 333-0526
E-mail: mikeosipic at earthlink.ner

Mike distributes the Concours Standard for
the Concours Committee.  Roger Moment is the Chairman, Technical Standards:
(Big Healeys).  Rmoment at aol.com They are the people that can best advise you
on the proper path to the Gold Level Rating for your car.

I have judged a
few BN7 MkII Tricarbs and own one myself.  The Guidlines are published by the
Concours Committee and are the standards that are used to judge your car.  It
contains the Inspection Sheets that are used to Judge your car.  Just take the
inspections sheets and go thru them Item by Item and make sure your car is up
to those standards.  This will get you closer to getting a Gold Level Rating
than any restoration book.  Restoration books are also helpful but are not the
complete answer.  Talk to Mike to make sure you get the latest Standards.
They do change slightly from year to year as the judges encounter items that
appear on original cars that might differ slightly from the Standards.  If you
follow the guidelines faithfully you can give yourself a good chance of a Gold
Level Rating.  I would suggest attending an event that provides Concours
Judgeing and watch a car being Judged.  Take lots of Pictures and talk to
people that
 have had their cars judged.  It is very time consuming and expensive so you
want to do it right the first time.  I've seen cars that have been restored by
supposed experts that don't receive high points because they didn't pay
attention to the published Standards.  If you don't do the restoration
yourself make sure that who ever does it checks off each item on
the inspection sheet to your approval.

Hope this helps
Ron