[Healeys] storage

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 18:31:02 MST 2009

Hi Jim,

I don't know if that is available these days or not.  However a suitable
alternative that I have used, and stored my Healey block with for 4 years,
is 2-cycle engine fogging oil.  It dries thick and gooey like Cosmoline and
washes off with simple green and water or similar.  There wasn't a spot of
rust on the block, crank or head and all sat coated in plastic bags for
several years.

Spray each part liberally first, cover with a large plastic bag or wrap it
loosely with a plastic drop cloth, spray a nice fog into the bag and seal or
wrap tightly immediately. Should be good to go for years.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8