[Healeys] Distributor vacuum units

Eric Frenken lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Tue Dec 8 03:06:27 MST 2009

Kees,

I have to disagree with you in that point. First it is most likely that
older, used vac units all leak or do not work properly unless they've been
rebuilt. Secondly the Lucas DM6A maxes out at about 4,000 rpm crank and last
but not least the vac unit on DM6As does not retard but advance the ignition
(right at the moment I don't know how much but I think it should be in the
region of 10-120), mainly under part load, when vacuum got to its max.

Dizzys on Cal. TR6s were equipped with 2 vac units, one for advancing, the
other for retarding the ignition. This was done for emission reasons, which
was never a concern as long as our Healeys had been built.

Eric

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----