[Healeys] Extra engine, break it down or leave it together ?

Jerry Costanzo grumpyinloomis at ssctv.net
Mon Dec 7 13:05:09 MST 2009

Not to break up the conversation about Chinese parts but:

I have an extra engine, which is now stored in a barn in a plastic bag.  The
pistons, head, cam, crank and rods are all in place from whenever this was
taken out of a BJ7 or 8.   In your opinion, is it better to let it sit
together or take it apart and clean it up before the rust puts it into a solid
state?    I have no problems with storage room.  I can store it either way.
The barn does not leak but  there is no moisture control in there.

Jerry