[Healeys] rear wheel movement

wpollock@inbox wpollock at inbox.com
Thu Dec 3 17:49:10 MST 2009

Today I jacked the rear of the my car to remove the rear wheels.  With the car
in 4th gear,while removing the knockoffs,I noted I could move the rear wheels
3/8 to 1/2 inch back and forth before feeling the the resistance from the
transmission.  I haven't noted this large amount of play in the rear wheels
before and my question is,have I missed this movement in the past or do I have
excessive play in the rear.  With a tape I marked each hub and than with a
finger moved the hub  and the measurement is the same on both sides.
I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Bill Pollock
100-6