[Healeys] 4 Cyl Compression Measurement

TERRY COLL coll44 at msn.com
Thu Dec 3 08:58:12 MST 2009

Makes sense!  Thanks Bob!

Terry Coll

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 20:16:10 +0000
From: bspidell at comcast.net
To: coll44 at msn.com
CC: glemon at neb.rr.com; jmnewt at comcast.net; healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 4 Cyl Compression Measurement

Compressing a gas causes it to heat and (try to) expand, raising pressure
beyond nominal.

There are formulas for computing the total compression, but I'm to lazy to
google it right now.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Sorry, but I'm not following the math here.  Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi
(at sea level) so a compression ratio of 8.5 should yeild appx. 125 psi.
Assuming I'm missing something, can anyone splain what it is?