[Healeys] 100-4 head on UK eBay

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 10:54:25 MST 2009

I am sorry to have to say this but this is not an original A-H 100, A70
or A90 Atlantic head. The give away is that it has the three stud
thermostat housing of a later 2.2 or 2.5 litre engine. It quite likely
came off an Austin Gypsy but could also have been another BMC vehicle
fitted with a four cylinder petrol engine around that time.

It could be used in emergency on a 100 and I know of a handful of owners
who have taken this route. These later heads appear to be less crack
prone but you will need a different thermostat housing. One from a later
Rover Metro can be made to fit. Compression Ratio is still about the
same but with smaller inlet valves the engine appears to run less smooth
but not so as to be annoying.

Regards

--
John Harper