[Healeys] Trailering/AAA Flatbed Danger

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:44:37 MST 2009

Please note that I said BEWARE!. AAA does send good folks to move your car,
but it is a crapshoot. If you remember, my experience to get the car to the
shop was great. It was on the way back that I ran into a non caring,
unskilled worker. Watching him did no good.  I did watch him, and tried to
explain that he needed some wood to make a ramp. He didn't have any, and
didn't know what I was talking about. You still have to be lucky to get an
AAA driver that knows what he is doing.  Don't trust that the driver will
know what he is doing, but be sure to be there to make sure he knows his
job, and does it.

When I initially called for a tow, I was cross examined by the person at AAA
who wanted every detail about why the car needed a tow. They said that no
company would not tow my car because they were afraid I would claim damage
that they did not do.

The company that AAA called, came was not afraid of the car, and did an
outstanding job. Unfortunately, the closest to the shop my car was in,
wasn't up to anything more than a routing tow.

One experience doesn't negate all the good ones, or all the bad ones. You
just have to treasure you car enough to be sure it is taken care of
properly, and I don't think AAA really cares.