[Healeys] wheel problem

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:40:40 MDT 2009

Jess -

If your car is sitting level, it is quite possible that the right fender was
replaced at sometime in the past.  Early BN1s had a very narrow cutout for
the wheels, which they increased about half an inch sometime in 1954 I
think.  So that means if you replaced the right fender, it may be from a
later BN1.

Either way, it seems your front springs are probably a bit old, you should
put new springs on.  It should not be scraping unless you are using
oversized tires.  I have Gillette Widetrack 165 x 15s on my BN1, which is a
very big 165, and I don't have any scraping problems on the narrow opening
fenders on my '53.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1