[Healeys] Pertronix Installation

Kenny J theswed at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:51:28 MDT 2009

Help.  I finally purchased the Pertronix electronic ignition to help solve my
timing issues.  I looking for positive ground installation help.  I am trying
to figure out the wiring.  The instructions say to "remove the ignition wire
from the neg terminal on the coil and connect that wire to the black wire from
the Ignitor then connect the blk/wht Ignitor wire to the neg coil terminal" -
sounds easy.

The instuctions continue... "connect an insulated AWG 20 copper straded wire
from the positive coil terminal to the positive battery terminal or chassis."
Here is were I'm a little confussed.  There is currently two blk/wht wires on
the positive terminal of my coil.  One comes from the distributor and the
other one comes from ? (I think the battery switch - I can't read the small
print of my wiring diagram).  I assume the wire from the distributor gets
deleted, the other wire just stays connected to the coil, and the installation
would be done.  Right?

Kenny

'61 BT-7