[Healeys] hubs .. splines - autotightening

Chester Threedog chester3dog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:13:01 MDT 2009

This wheel / knockoff was a flash back for me.  Back in 68 I was leaving
high school in my 63 BJ8 when I lost a wheel.  I was turning right on 236
from Heritage Dr and I notice a wheel that looked like mine rolling through
the intersection.  Strange how for a split second you think it was not your
wheel.  Back then the traffic in Annandale was not that heavy.  I managed to
pull over and my buddy chased down the wheel.  He, wrestling guy, lifted up
the left rear and I was able to put wheel back on.  Why did it come off,
well, at the junk yard I found some knockoffs that where better than mine so
put a good looking right side on the left rear.  I thought, age 17 remember,
that since I pounded them on so tight there was no way they would come off.

Grins, Norby