[Healeys] Brake Fluid Advise

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 24 20:08:50 MDT 2009

I come to the almighty list for a few or many personal opinions.

As I was selecting a Silicone Brake Fluid a year ago I was in the hunt for a
product
made by a company that I felt would have a long lasting product line.  So
since I
was at my local Napa dealer I picked up a quart of Raybestos sbf cause I had
heard
of this company pertaining to the brake field forever.   Since I was in need
of another
quart this week because I used most of the fluid to bleed the new brake system
I returned to Napa only to find Napa sbf made by  Mac's.   Mac's brake fluid?
Why in the hell would anyone
put Mac's brake fluid in their car when there are many other reputable brands
available. So I
got on line and asked Raybestos where I can purchase their sbf since I have
that in
my car already.   Their reply was,  "Raybestos no longer produces brake fluid,
thanks for using Raybestos".   No suggestions, no direction, just a cold,   we
don't make it no mo.

So ,  I know some of you don't like silly brake fluid anyway so you can work
on your
Friday funnies for the week.  But the ones that do,   any suggestions to a
brand that
you feel is quality and appears to plan on being around for awhile would be
appreciated.

Also,   is a total "flush and refill" necessary or are most compatible?
Wonder if anyone
really knows for sure?

Thanks in advance,   Mark

No more Napa for awhile.