[Healeys] Beware Heritage Trust Manuals on CD PART II

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:36:17 MDT 2009

Jack,

I wouldn't call it a rip-off. I would call it poor software design.
The sad part is that the primary user interface on the CD-Roms is very
pretty, but the adobe stuff in the background I don't quite
understand. The way it was written was very version specific, and as a
software developer, I must say that it was a foolish choice especially
considering how rapidly the platform (Adobe) changes and gets
upgraded. I've been doing development for nearly 20 years, and the
applications I wrote back then still run on modern machines.

Additionally, from my books and such here, it's little different than
the original manuals that were created. From what I originally read
about these CD-Roms was that the manufacturer spent scads of time
validating and correcting errors in the original documentation (which
I've been recently working on for the Jensen-Healey, and believe me,
it's *time consuming*). So, other than lack of availability of
original manuals, I'd rather go find the paper versions.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion