[Healeys] GPS Info for Dummies

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 20 10:52:30 MDT 2009

I'll second that except that I prefer the portable units because we can use
it when we rent a car while on vacation. To rent a GPS from Avis, etc is
prohibitive. One of the things that we have done for years, especially since
we have lived all over the country is to take a drive North, East, South,
West (as we call it) ending up god only knows where. But we really see the
small byways, towns, etc that you are not aware of by driving freeways. When
we get hungry, we just punch in Burger King (or other fast food) and we are
directed there. When we are tired we punch in Home and we magically find
ourselves back at the "base camp". Absolutely indispensable and, man, do
they prevent arguments about being lost or being a typical man who refuses
to use a map.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com