[Healeys] GPS Info for Dummies

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 06:46:40 MDT 2009

In a message dated 8/19/09 9:39:31 PM, p_cquinn at tpg.com.au writes:

> One of the first questions that come to mind is whether a GPS navigator is
> suitable for worldwide use or do I have to buy one specific for Australia
> and another for the US and so on.

I can only assume, since my Garmin allows me to preference a female voice
with a distinct Aussie accent, that she would know how to navigate me around
Oz, though she occasionally has problems with Spanish street names -- when
she tries to say Avenida des las pulgas or Camarillo for example.

Seriously, as I understand it, if I'm going to another country, all I need
to do is connect my Garmin to my laptop with its USB cable, then to the
Garmin internet site, and after charging me a little money, Garmin will download
all the necessary   info that I need for the country I'm going to.

Best
Gary