[Healeys] 100 heater rebuild

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 17:53:02 MDT 2009

Hi,

I will be rebuilding the 56 100 BN2 Heater while the car goes to paint (soon, sigh!)  Are there any recommendations on which black wrinkle paint to use and/or how to apply it.

I looked in the archives without luck but found some information via google, on the antique radio sites and this mg dash repair article which advices Plasti-Kote 217 Wrinkle Paint, Black Wrinkle

http://www.mgexperience.net/article/wrinkle-paint.html

The rheostat is in a sorry state (wound resistor ok but metal housing rusted) I am missing the heater knob and the little badge, if you know where I can find these let me know.

thanks,

Bert
56 100 BN2