[Healeys] Triple Weber 45DCOE Carburettors

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Aug 19 10:30:27 MDT 2009

Providing the jetting and ventury is correct, DCOE
Webers/DellOrto's/Solexes are quite easy to set up properly, however if
you have it done it should be done by an expert. DIY can be done but
preferably you need some Colortunes (3) and a multiple vacuummeter.
Rebuild sets are easy to come by and are not overly expensive (ebay).
Once set it is a forget about it affair.
The jetting and ventury's should be checked with what is recommended.
 Fuel efficiency is high on these carbs, but they will use a bit more
fuel and deliver a bit more power for that. You can influence the
powerband by using different lengths of trumpets. Grosso modo: the
shorter they are the higher the delivery band.
The Webers will need less attention than the SU's once setup.
There is a very informative book about Webers/DellOrto's by Des Hamill:
How to build & power tune Weber & DellOrto DCOE & DHLA carburettors,
ISBN 1-901295-64-8 / UPC: 36847-00164-3.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL