[Healeys] Auxiliary Electric Power Source

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Tue Aug 18 16:00:09 MDT 2009

On my neg earth car, I followed the manual wiring diagram which shows the
optional Cigar Lighter.

I wanted to be able to run a 1200Watt 12 volt Dust Buster vacuum and figured
this calls for a heavy duty switch similar to the OD switch but 2-pole.

I have wires going from both the switched and unswitched hot ignition leads,
with an inline fuse between the source and the switch on each wire.

This is so I can run the vac with the car turned off without frying my
Pertronix. The switch remains in the other position to supply the power
outlet when the car's running. Since my car's a 5-speed the switch replaces
the OD switch and looks identical in appearance.

--

Steve Gerow

Pasadena, CA, USA

BN6