[Healeys] 100/4 Rear Cockpit Trim

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Mon Aug 17 17:40:23 MDT 2009

Robert,

I record the Body number and Batch number of each car if possible, of course
along with the Chassis and Engine numbers. The four cockpit rails each have
the Body number stamped on the inside surface that rests against the inside
of the door edge. This Body number also appears on the left edge of the
bonnet, the boot lid support ear, and the front edge of the front splash
shield, tucked in behind the front bumper.
Sometimes these pieces are saved from a car that's been parted out, and
sometimes folks that are unaware of these stamped numbers end up fitting
them to another project car. Once in a while we're able to reunite these
items with the car they originally came from. It's rare but it's happened
twice since I took on the Hundred Registry. One of the nice little perks of
the job.

Rich Chrysler