[Healeys] She's testing me

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 16 11:58:49 MDT 2009

I got out on my second drive, ( first one with my wife ).  We went out for a
short drive, to the video rental store, and when we came out, the car
wouldn't start.

Found one battery cable to be loose ( and hot ).  There was a patio nearby,
so, after tightening the cable and still no start, called CAA.  They said
"within an hour" and we went for lunch on the patio.  They showed up just as
the food was served.  :-)  Got her started and let her idle as I scarfed
down my lunch.  Uneventful return trip.

On my return to LBCs, about 12 years ago, I bought a '65 RHD BRG Sprite.  I
got it safetied and put the plates on and went to drive her home and found
that there wasn't much clutch after she warmed up.  I was discouraged.  I
was devastated when I found out that you had to remove the engine to change
the clutch.  Had never pulled an engine before.  And it all turned out
alright.

I think Carmen is testing me to see what care I'll give her.  We're going to
be fine.

RD

BN1 "Carmen"