[Healeys] Seat Cushion Depth

John McElrath linsley46 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:40:12 MDT 2009

Being 6"2 and a light 275 I found getting in and under the steering wheel
fun and with the top up I needed a crash helmet to keep from hitting my head
on the rail.  I  solved the problem very simply.  I made a seat for driving
in with out the metal frame - just the cushion.  It looks fine with the
upholstry and no frame, not even a plywood bottom.  It ends up that you are
actually sitting on the floor which for me works well - I have driven
thousands of miles this way.  When I get ready to show the car I pull out
the real seat.  The first one of these I made was for Stella - my BJ8 and I
covered it in gray terry cloth. I have gotten much more creative and the one
I am going to use on my new car is poppy red with black piping as it should
be.

Have fun!

John