[Healeys] BN2 Gearbox

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Aug 14 14:53:38 MDT 2009

The reverse gear is not a pretty sight, but considering that it is not
in use for 99,99% of the time it is OK to leave it if you cannot find a
replacement. First gear seems to look allright, but the laygear is shot.
A rebuild is clearly at hand so change all damaged items if available,
also the reverse gear. Change the synchro's and bearings if there is any
sign of wear. Check the oil for debris. If fine debris is present renew
the bearings if you can. If there are big chunks of metal only check the
bearing races very carefully for damage, but you may have been lucky and
escaped the chunks getting into the bearings.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL