[Healeys] BN2 Gearbox

Tadeusz Malkiewicz tadeusz.malkiewicz at plusnet.pl
Thu Aug 13 15:41:18 MDT 2009

I have just opened my gearbox, photos are here: http://tinyurl.com/m96txy

The only problem I had was that the reverse jumped out of gear. Otherwise
all was fine. When I opened it, it seems that the:
- laygear
- reverse gear
- first gear

Are not in the best shape.

Can anyone tell me if all of them need replacement or maybe I can still
leave the first gear in?

Who does the laygears? I saw them offered by Denis Welch and AH Spares do
far..

Does anyone see a reason for the reverse jumping out of gear?

Why do I see these strange depressions on the selector shafts
http://tinyurl.com/nx859m  ? (there are some small grinding marks for which
I take the blame)

The reverse gear, when geared, looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/nas9sy
Why doesn't the reverse gear go all the way to the left (or down on the
picture?

Many thanks for help,

Tadek