[Healeys] BJ8 carpet questions --

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 12 21:56:59 MDT 2009

A buddy is re-carpeting his BJ8 ('66) - a gold level concours car.  We're
not completely sure about a couple of things, so we're soliciting the wisdom
of the list.

1 - was the gearshift turret hole bound as in the earlier cars - doesn't
seem to matter as the console covers it anyway. 2 - was the half circle
(sort of) cutout at the base of the handbrake bound - the books seem to be a
bit ambiguous about this, and it seems that it should be.  And 3 - did any
cars (BJ8's) ever leave the factory with a flap in the carpet over the
gearbox oil dipstick rubber plug on the tunnel cover.

Fire away -------

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb