[Healeys] flat towing a big Healey

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 15:17:38 MDT 2009

Jorge:  I have flat towed my Healey several times and for long distances to
Healey meets.  I would give three warnings:  1)  Be sure the steering wheel
is free to turn when going around corners;  2)  the homemade brackets I made
where from a design from one of the clubs and were only 1/4 inch thick.  Too
thin.  They can bend.  I doubled them to 1/2 inch.   The problem came when
the wheels did not straighten out after a turn.  They went to full turn and
the extreme forces severely bent them.  3)  When turning, go slow and watch
the steering wheel or front wheels of the Healey and make sure they come
back to straight when the towing vehicle does.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031