[Healeys] Ignition switch

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:10:46 MDT 2009

Sid -

I would very carefully check the connections and the connection to the wire
for the spade terminal.  This wire carries more current than any other wire
in the harness, and needs to have VERY good connections at all ends to keep
your car running properly.  Check all the white wire connections first and
make sure they are not old/corroded/wonky.  That wire goes from the switch,
around the tach pickup loop, and then to your coil.

After checking all of this, if the switch is still hot, then you should send
it back and ask for a replacement.  Hot switches usually mean the insulation
inside is not doing it's job.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1