[Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb studs?

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 10 18:40:30 MDT 2009

Skip,

G_d that is scary and my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you.  I too have
lifted my engine out on 3 occasions using this method, as it is the standard
procedure, but it has me thinking too.

Have any of the listers who have done hundreds of these (Norm, Dave, Rich,
others...) ever had this happen?

Best of luck with the spares - I would be trying Bob Yule and others for
good second-hand bits.  They will fit better and I imagine are substantially
less expensive.