[Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb studs?

tld6008 at mchsi.com tld6008 at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 10 18:36:44 MDT 2009

 I have never trusted the two lengthened rocker studs. My rocker shaft comes off and I use two of the head bolts, one front , one back on opposing sides. I built two angled brackets to fit under the nuts that I affix a chain to and can make attitude adjustments by using different links for the lift point. Of course I try to figure that out beforehand.

--
Tim Davis BN7
  -------------- Original message from john close <f9cougar at yahoo.com>: --------------

I too am wary of lifting everything with 2 bolts. I use one plate that bolts on the right front, in place of the generator mounting plate, and another on the left rear, using the 3 rearmost exhaust manifold studs. 8 bolts in shear instead