[Healeys] Real-time Help Needed

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Sat Aug 8 11:22:10 MDT 2009

Absolutely correct ..and in the process make very sure that the ground cable
running from the master switch to the body is in very good condition and
attached to a paint free point on the body and that the connector bolt and
the nut on the switch are are tight.
If this cable is a poor conductor the starter current will pass through the
conical spring in the master switch. This causes the spring to get red hot
and loose its temper (springiness). This in turn results in the contacts on
the switch not being pressed together resulting in rapid deterioration of
the contacts and high resistance....i.e. no starts..

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445