[Healeys] Speedo Cable and the washer

R. Price Lindsay price at advocateadvisors.com
Thu Aug 6 14:53:40 MDT 2009

Having just gone through two (2) angle drives, a speedo rebuild and a
speedo cable, it has my understanding that there is no washer at the
speedo end of the cable but there is a copper washer between the angle
drive and the overdrive. I have heard that two (2) washers can be used
at the angle drive/od connection - is there a benefit to this and is it
suggested in all cases?

In other words, I have not put a washer at the speedo end and only one
washer at the angle drive.  Is this wrong?  Please tell me before I blow
up another $58.00 angle drive!

Thanks

Price Lindsay
67 BJ 8