[Healeys] Great Bluetooth Headphone for the Healey

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Wed Aug 5 18:12:57 MDT 2009

I had a sobering experience a couple years ago on my morning commute. I-25
southbound in Albuquerque has three or four lanes of traffic and full width
shoulders for emergencies. As I was proceeding south at about 70 MPH , which
is 5 MPH over the speed limit. I was in the left lane, but I was overtaken by
what could only have been VIP at about 80 MPH on my left, that is in the
shoulder area. As he came along side in his new Lexus SUV I saw that he was
conversing intently on his hand held cell phone. At about the same time I
noticed a Chevy or Ford 3/4 ton dually stalled on the shoulder about a quarter
mile ahead. I figured that Leadfoot must have seen it too because he dropped
back. A few seconds later I discovered that my surmise was in error as I
watched the guy plow straight into the rear of the pickup at highway speed in
my rear view mirror. I don't know what his hurry was, but I can guarantee he
missed his first appointment that day and voided the warranty on his truck. I
hope his air bags worked.
Bill Lawrence