[Healeys] Re Heel Toe Pedal Set Up / Whoops

scott@scottjgraham.com isgraham at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 06:33:39 MDT 2009

Thanks to all that shared ideas last week.
I found a local race shop who fitted a larger aluminum throttle pedal, 2
Dennis Wesh Racing pedals for brake and clutch and a fabricated dead
pedal/foot rest.

Unfortunately they didn't set them up properly.  Footrest was near floor -
well below the clutch - hard to lift foot quickly to clutch.  Also were too
close together and had to run through the sprint braking with the side of my
foot to avoid the throttle.  To top it off, the new accelerator pedal came
loose, rotated and got stuck under the brake!  Managed to stop without mishap
but it was close.

I have just picked it up after getting the work corrected and all now working.
Throttle moved to the right, close to kick panel, clutch to left and in the
process created plenty of space.  Dead pedal is now at clutch height - better
position for bracing and at clutch level. Throttle pedal is lower than brake
and it's width and length makes it easier to heel / toe.   Mission
accomplished.
Oh, and while I enjoyed the sprint thoroughly, times no lower than last year!
Found after returning that my shock mount and panhard rod had both broken
loose! Now fixed.
New gearbox planned for next year's assault!

Scott