[Healeys] Great Bluetooth Headphone for the Healey

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 12:00:46 MDT 2009

In Hawaii, and I suspect in many other places, the law has been changed
to ban the use of hand held electronic devices by the driver. If you
pull to the side of the road and turn off the engine it is then OK to
use them. As the law has only been effect for a short time, the wife,
not driving, notices other driver habits as we are cruising the
highways and byways. You can tell if the car or truck has an automatic
transmission if the left foot (LHD for you guys in the Healey homeland)
is perched on the dashboard. Things like holding your super big gulp in
one hand and a cigarette in the other while correcting the youngster in
the back seat. The modifications to eye make up or adjusting the comb
over in the rear view mirror. However it is better than a couple months
ago, before the ban, when we could not get around a guy in the fast
lane who kept speeding up and then slowing down. Finally decided to
pass in the right lane and as we got even with the Prius she looked to
the left and sure enough the guy was texting away with both thumbs!
Anyone remember when we didn't even have an answering machine on our
home phones and people called back if was important? Guess that is one
reason I like driving a 54 year old car....for the memories.
Aloha
Perry