[Healeys] Gas dripping from Manifold rear Drain pipe

Jeffrey Lewis jmolewis at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 07:11:43 MDT 2009

I have seen perennial probllems with the floats in the carbs leaking.  When
this happens they fill with petrol and sink causing the phenomenon described
here with petroll pouing onto the floor and the fuel pump ticking furiously.
The solution is to replace the float, but beware I have had one of the new
ones suffer the same problem.  I had the same problem with the fuel sender on
an old F350 truck.  In that case we were able to find the leak and drill the
hole out so we could re-solder it.

One of the carb floats is sitting on a
shelf in my garage and after 2 years is still full of petrol so these pinholes
are very small and the problem can take years to occur.
I hope this helps.
Jeff

Message: 1