[Healeys] MG Insult

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 09:17:15 MDT 2009

As the owner of two MGs and a BT7, I at first resented the remark. Then I
remembered an incident when our club was following the Around the World in
80 Days rally. My MGC, which I was driving  because it was in better shape
than my Healey, was parked among the other members Healeys. A young man
approached me and said my MGC was better than the Healeys. Sadly, I looked
him in the eye and corrected him. My MGC was no match when we were trailing
the Healeys at speed on two lane roads in the Upper Peninsula. Not only were
we doing turnpike + speeds, but from time to time we were doing it in a
driving rail.

In spite of having whatever Austin had on the shelf foisted off on the
Healeys, the car still came out better than the MGs. It only shows the
arrogance of the Austin folks to try and sell the MGC as a Healey. There is
no comparison.

BTW, no one seems to notice my MGB or C, but they sure notice the Healey.

Jack

60 BT7
69 MGC
72 MGBGT