[Healeys] Interesting ad on Craigs list for a 100 M

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Apr 29 10:06:38 MDT 2009

Atta boy Bob.

Blame U.K. laws for that one. The bolt on afterthoughts were required
because of a law taking effect 1st October 1954 in the U.K. requiring a pair
of refectors to be visible on all new vehicles. So they quickly went to a
pattern maker and had the patterns made and the pods cast. The first few
were cast in bronze, then they quickly went to aluminum. Lucas supplied the
reflector assemblies. Rubber left and right gaskets were made, two screws
each mounted them, and production carried on to the letter of the law.

Rich Chrysler