[Healeys] RE Overheating

Leonard Berkowitz drberkowitz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:47:06 MDT 2009

If you have checked all the usual suspects and everything is OK get a good
radiator shop to add extra rows to the radiator. I had it done for my BJ7 and
now my baby runs cool under just about every condition.  That includes
sustained high speeds in 90 + degree temps.  I have tried just about
everything else (electric fans, oil cooler, six blade fans, mixture and timing
changes, etc) and never was able to control the temp until I had the radiator
modified.  The expanded radiator uses the original upper tank and they split
and expanded the lower tank.  The radiator looks stock but I needed a shoe
horn to install it.  It did fit OK although tight.

Good luck but check out everything else first.