[Healeys] 2 more questions

Bob Memler rpmengr at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 27 07:57:33 MDT 2009

I have had overheating problems on my BN-1 so I put in new hoses, a new
thermostat and a Griffin aluminum radiator. Yesterday in 88 degree
temperature in stop and go the car got up to over 200 but not boiling.
What is next? a larger fan?

@nd question: I put in LeMans carbs and a cold air box to mainly get rid
of vapor lock when everything else didn't work. The problem is solved,
but yesterday when the car got to about 3000rpms it would quit and then
run when the car got to about 2000. At 25-2700 it ran great. I have a 1
year old fuel pump and a clear gas filter. Could the larger carbs be the
cause and if so what is the best approach?

Tanks for all your help, past and present.

Bob Memler
54 BN-1