[Healeys] Subject: Re: healey overheating

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 21:54:05 MDT 2009

AFAIK, the only legal restriction is that if you've purchased avgas--dunno about
the racing fuel--you didn't pay 'road' tax.  In fact, some aircraft can run
autogas and if you use it and keep your receipts and are willing to jump through
the bureaucratic hoops you can get a rebate for the road tax.

I don't know of any laws that prohibit running leaded fuel in cars, but it's
near impossible to get--I doubt many FBOs will pump into a can for non-pilots
because of the tax requirement--and it'll destroy catalytic converters and good
luck passing your smog test.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net