[Healeys] oil where it should not be

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:44:56 MDT 2009

Jim -

When you get oil in the water and not vice versa, it probably means the oil
gallery has corroded through to the water jacket.  Since this is under oil
pressure, it keeps the water from getting into the sump, which is good.

Thankfully you can buy a repair kit for this, it's not too expensive:

http://www.cape-international.com/capeshop.php?parttypes=14&thepart=ORK

The bad part is you have to take the whole motor apart and out of the car to
fix this!!

If you want to play it safe, you can try replacing the head gasket, but by
that point you might as well pull the whole motor.

:(

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1