[Healeys] Pertronix III

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sun Apr 26 11:36:34 MDT 2009

James Lea wrote:

"After rechecking everything, she started right up so I drove downtown and
she died again."

Peter Roses and I spent a year on and off dealing with a similar problem on a friend's BN2 - it turned out to be a bad battery disconnect switch affecting the primary wire to the coil. After a while it would get hot - it would start off intermittent, then fail altogether, then when it cooled down a bit, the car would start and run just fine. It was good for about 2 miles before pooping out.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena, CA