[Healeys] first motion shaft identity and laygear endfloat

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 10:22:05 MDT 2009

Hello Randy;B  If I understand correctly, your first issue is that you simply
want to know which first motion shaft goes with your BJ7 gearbox.B  You are
correct; it is the AEC 3472 first motion shaft or drive.B B The other first
motion shaft,B 22 B140 is for the BJ8.B
The attached table, which details all the transmission gear part numbers from
the 100 through to the 3000B BJ8,B was compiled from the following sources:
Austin Healey Club, Pacific Centre b Healey Highlights, Nov 1983, B pg 6
Hambro Automotive Corporation: Parts and Service Bulletin No. 144, July 28,
1961
BMC B Fast Moving Parts List, 1965, B pg 24-29
Regarding your second issue, amount of endfloat, I mustB leave to others to
respond.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 BN7 & '62 BT7
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives