[Healeys] healey running hot

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 19:53:41 MDT 2009

I had, sometimes still have, the same problem. I  also had a leak in my
exhaust, which added to the problem. I fixed the exhaust  and installed an
electric fan on the front of my radiator that blows air through  and wired it to
a fused switch so I can turn it on and off as needed while  driving. That
has really helped and mostly in stop and go traffic, I use the  electric fan,
on the road I don't need it.
    Also, a member of our club took a marine  bilge fan and mounted it
above and next to the radiator. The fan  is set up so it sucks air in from the
front of the car from a hose the goes to  the back side of his grille and
then pushes it out of a hose that opens up right  above and in front of the
front carb float bowl. This has worked extremely well  for him. Seems the gas
gets real hot in those floats and causes the engine to  back fire, run rough
to say the least and is not a very fun driving experience.

Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421330x1201417418/aol?redi