[Healeys] Petronix II

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 24 13:18:29 MDT 2009

Fuel pump (they have coils too). Sounds like a vapor lock problem.

bs

After the running problem I ordered a new Petronix from Moss ($138.00 w/
shipping) and it came yesterday. Before I tackled the repair I tried to
start the car again and it started right up. I let it run for a while and
after it got up to temperature for a while it died! Let cool off and tried
it again with the same results. So, I assume that the problem is not the
Petronix. I have checked all the wiring and connectors. I double checked the
rotor and can see no wear. Could it be the coil? Maybe it is shorting out
when it gets hot? Thanks, JL

James Lea
PO Box 25
Rockport Maine 04856