[Healeys] Pop rivet Question

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Apr 21 08:23:35 MDT 2009

Unless very pure, water is electro conductive due to contaminants thus
electrolitic corrosion will take place if no measures are taken. Of
course the process will be sped up considerably when there is salt on
the roads, but I presume that every owner of a collectable
classic/vintage/antique etc. car will do his utmost to avoid that,
however you cannot always avoid the odd rain shower or bad weather at a
show, trip or meet. And rain, sadly, is not pure water.
Helas, we're not all living in Californian conditions.
Kees Oudesluijs